Quote of the Day

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I prepared veg pulao

Pulao riceImage by Kaustav Bhattacharya  
With aid of my mum and tips from my friend^-^. I prepared for first time veg pulao.. And
I must confess it was tasty.. mum was surprised and paa luved it too..

First..in cooker added veg oil(ghee), jeera (cumin seeds), tejpatta (bay leaf), onion(optional),tomato,cauliflower...
Ofcourse mum did the cuttiing stuff... Now rest i did... sachchi.. :-)

Add biryani masala too , if you have... I added cashew,raisins,cardamom,laung (cloves) for taste.


Fry till all stuff turns light brown..Add 2 pinch turmeric and 1 teaspoon salt too.. as per taste.

Now most imp... washh rice 2-3 times... :-) jab tak pani saaf na dikhne lage.. (till water is not clear)

For 3 person.. 250 gm rice is ok... add rice to light brown stuuff in cauldron(kadhai)..2-3 min chalao.. till rice becomes light brown too.. Mix all stuuff well..an dekh k rice kahin jal na jaye! (mind the overcooking of rice)

Ab kadhai se ek chhotu container me rice and spice mix dalo... and Add water 2 glass.. flood jaisa.. par over flow nahi... :-)

Put the container in cooker.. Warning ! cooker me 1/2 glass pani is must..or it may burst...

After 10 mins.. at first whistle of cooker... you switch off the stove flame.. and your veg pulao is ready.. :-)



© 2010 SOMYA HARSH,. all rights reserved
Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Search Tool

No comments: